PM Ujjwala Yojna PMUY 2.0 Scheme | How To Apply Online In Details-Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the central government has been formed to allot safe clean cooking fuel to all those families of the country who still use old, unsafe and polluted fuel for cooking. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was announced by the Central Government on 1 May 2016. Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the Government of India is providing domestic LPG to the APL and BPL and ration card holder women of the country. The scheme is being implemented under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Central Government.
Ujjwala Yojana Application Form – Ujjwala Yojana
Under PMUY Yojana, the central government is providing financial assistance of Rs 1600 to all BPL and APL ration card holder families, through Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2021, the central government is providing LPG gas connections to all poor APL and BPL families of the country. Government’s goal To apply under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the age of the beneficiary women should be 18 years or more, only then she can take advantage of this scheme.
Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 has been launched by the Prime Minister of our country, Narendra Modi, through video conferencing on 10 August 2021. Under which the beneficiaries will be provided with free refill and hot plate, LPG gas connection. Interest free loans will also be provided to the beneficiaries for purchase of gas stoves. This scheme was launched by the Prime Minister from Mahoba district. In which 10 women beneficiaries were given LPG connections through virtual medium. LPG connection papers were provided to the beneficiaries by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath on behalf of the Prime Minister.
- The paperwork has been simplified under this scheme. Now the beneficiaries will not need to submit their ration card and address proof. A self declaration form has to be submitted to prove your address. Apart from this, information was also provided on this occasion that during the Karona call, cylinders were provided free of cost to the beneficiaries for 6 months by PM Modi.
1 crore new beneficiaries will be added to Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- In the first phase of Ujjwala scheme, gas connections were provided to 14743862 beneficiaries in Uttar Pradesh. All those citizens who could not take advantage of this scheme in the first phase, they will be provided benefits in the second phase of this scheme. Migrant workers can get the benefit of this scheme only by submitting their self attested declaration form. Which will be submitted as proof of their residence. In the first phase of this scheme, a target of providing gas connections to about 5 crore families was set in the year 2016. The scope of this scheme was extended in April 2018. In which 7 more categories were increased.
- Apart from this, the target under this scheme was increased from 5 crores to 8 crores. Till August 2019, about 8 crore women have been provided LPG connections through this scheme. Till 30 July 2021, 79995022 beneficiaries have been benefited through this scheme. About one crore beneficiaries will be benefited through Ujjwala Yojana 2.0. This was announced while announcing the budget for 2021-22.
Brief Summary of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Launch Date||01 May 2016|
|Main objective||Provide LPG connections to women from BPL households|
|Other objectives||Reduce health hazards/diseases and air pollution caused by the use of unclean fossil fuels|
|Target||Distribution of LPG connections among 5 Crore BPL households by the year 2018-19|
|Time Frame||3 Years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19|
|Total Budget||Rs. 8000 Crore|
|Financial Assistance||Rs. 1600/- per LPG connection.|
|Type Of Scheme||Central Govt Scheme|
|Eligibility||All Ration Card Holder Families|
|Other benefits||EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill|
Expansion of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana through the budget of 2021-22
- As you all know, the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana has been started by the Prime Minister of our country, Narendra Modi. Through this scheme the government has set a target of providing free gas connections. This connection is provided to the citizens living below the poverty line. A large number of women have been benefited under this scheme so far. Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, financial assistance of ₹ 1600 is provided. With this amount the beneficiary can get the gas connection. Along with this, EMI facility is also provided under this scheme to buy a stove and to pay the cost of filling LPG cylinder for the first time.
- Under this scheme, our country’s Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced to provide LPG gas connections to one crore more people in the budget of 2021-22. So that this scheme can be expanded. So that pollution can also be got rid of and women’s health will also be improved.
Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana 8 crore new consumers
LPG cylinder connection is provided under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. Around 8 crore LPG connections have been provided under this scheme in the last 4 years. With the addition of these 8 crore connections, now the number of LPG consumers in the country has increased to 29 crore. Any citizen of BPL family can apply to get gas connection under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. To apply, the form has to be filled and submitted at the nearest LPG centre. While submitting the form, you will have to clarify whether you want a 14.2 kg cylinder or a 5 kg cylinder. The form under this scheme can also be filled through the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. To get the benefit of this scheme, it is mandatory for you to have all the important documents.
Objective of Ujjwala Yojana
The main objective of PMUY Yojana will be to promote clean LPG fuel in India by leaving impure fuel and to save the environment from contamination. The women of families coming below the poverty line have to collect wood and cook food by burning the stove, its smoke harms the health of women and children, due to the use of LPG gas available under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the health of women and children can be kept safe. To promote women empowerment through this scheme.
PM Ujjwala Yojana New Update
Under this scheme, the facility of providing free gas cylinders to poor families has been made by the central government on 30 September 2020. Under this scheme, only women living below poverty line (BPL) in the country will get free gas till September 30. Cylinders will be provided. Women who have not yet received the benefit of this scheme can apply to get the benefit of this scheme as soon as possible. At present, about 7.4 crore women of the country who have taken gas cylinders under the Ujjwala scheme have been provided cylinders free of cost. Last chance to get Free LPG Cylinder till 30th September under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
PMUY Yojana 2021
After winning 17 Lok Sabha elections by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, this huge change has been made under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, now all ration card holders whether APL ration card holders or BPL ration card holders are eligible for LPG gas Ujjala scheme. will go Under PMUY LPG Gas Connection Scheme 2021, the central government provides a subsidy of Rs 1600 to eligible beneficiaries on taking a new gas connection.
Amendment in Prime Minister’s Ujjwala Yojana
The Government of India had amended the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in the year 2018. In this amendment, various changes were made in the guidelines by the government. When this scheme was launched then this scheme was covering 5 crore BPL families of the country. But after making amendments, 8 crore families were covered under this scheme till 2019-20. To run this scheme successfully, the government launched the expanded Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. You have to click here to know the amendments made under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
Beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- All those people who are listed under SECC 2011.
- Peoples from all SC / ST families of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana.
- People coming below the poverty line.
- People covered under Antyodaya Yojana.
- Forest dweller.
- Most of the backward classes.
- Tea and Ask tea plantation tribe.
- People living in the island.
- People living in river islands.
Key facts of PM Ujjwala Yojana
- The families who are eligible for the scheme will get Rs 1600. The amount will be transferred to the account of the household of the women. The service of EMI is also provided to the family members.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, from April 1, the government has started sending the amount of free gas cylinders on the lines of the first installment. Only three LPG cylinders of 14.2 kg will be given under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
- Every beneficiary is to be given one free cylinder in a month. On lifting the delivery of the first gas cylinder, the amount of the second installment will go to the consumer’s account. After that the third installment will be given. There should be a gap of 15 days between two refills.
- This scheme is only for those families who come below poverty line. After updating the government covered 8 crore families in the financial year of 2019-2020.
- There is a budget of 800 crores allocated by the authority. To get free LPG connection, BPL families have to apply for this scheme.
- Those who have already applied for this scheme will get free LPG till June 2020 due to the lockdown.
PMUY scheme is currently active and covers 715 districts of the country.
Benefits of Ujjwala Yojana PM 2021
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to the women who come below the poverty line of the country.
- Under this scheme, free LPG gas connection will be provided to the women of the country.
- The benefit of Ujjwala Yojana PM 2021 will be made available to women above 18 years of age.
- Through this scheme, it will be easier for women to cook food.
- The main objective of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is to provide free gas connections to 8 crore households.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have a bank account.
PMUY State-Wise Connection Distribution
|Name of the States||Total Connections Provided|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||13,103|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||14,438|
|Daman and Diu||427|
|Jammu and Kashmir||12,03,246|
Eligibility of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Applicant must be female.
- Applicant’s age should be before 18 years.
- The applicant under this scheme should be below poverty line.
- Applicant should have a bank account
- Applicant should not already have LPG connection.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2021 Documents
- BPL certificate issued by Municipality President (Urban Area) / Panchayat Pradhan (Rural Area)
- Identity proof (Aadhaar card or Voter ID card)
- Bpl ration card
- Aadhar number of all family members
- Passport size photograph
- Address proof
- Caste certificate
- Jan Dhan Bank Account Details / Bank Passbook
- 14 point declaration in the prescribed format to be signed by the applicant.
How to apply in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2021?
- Interested women who want to apply in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, can download the application form from our website and can also download from the official website of the scheme.
- Now fill the information asked in the application form like Aadhar card number, mobile number, name, address etc. correctly.
- After this, attach all your documents with the application form and submit it to your nearest gas agency.
- After verifying your application form and all the documents by the gas agency officer, your LPG gas connection will be issued within 10 to 15 days.
We have provided you all the important information related to the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in this article. If you are still facing any kind of problem then you can contact on helpline number and solve your problem. The helpline numbers are 1906 and 18002333555.